Tunchev suffers further setback
Leicester City centre back Aleksander Tunchev has undergone yet more surgery that will keep him on the sidelines for a further four to six months.
The 28-year-old has suffered with a troublesome knee ever since picking up a long-term knee ligament injury in the FA Cup match against Crystal Palace in January last year.
Tunchev recovered from the injury to make three appearances for City so far this season, but was once again halted by the knee in the cup defeat at Preston at the beginning of the season.
Surgery in September was conducted, but the Bulgarian has since suffered a seperate issue with the knee which was unsuccessfully treated with a series of injections.
And Tunchev flew to Barcelona on Wednesday to undergo more surgery that will hopefully see him return to action for the beginning of next season.
Manager Nigel Pearson said: 'He had a scan on Tuesday and had an operation on Wednesday, so we are looking at the start of next season now to get him back,' said manager Nigel Pearson. 'He has had the microfracture operation and the recovery is four to six months, and he will be ready for the start of next season.'
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.