Q & A with Nottingham Forest
We have a chat with one Nottingham Forest fan ahead of tomorrow's clash between the Trees and Leicester at the City Ground...
1) After a slow start to the season, Forest have turned it around to force their way into a playoff position. Do you think they can keep it up and stay there come the end of the season?
The way we've been playing and in the manner we've been beating teams, I'd say absolutely.
2) So Billy Davies is the right man for the job then?
Best thing that's happend to the club for years, so a resounding yes.
3) It seems Forest have many players to watch at the moment, but who is your key player for the tie tomorrow?
I think Billy will start with Dexter Blackstock up front on his own and pack the midfield. He will show a lot of respect to you lot. Despite it being at home, the 4-5-1 works well still with Dex being the big man, and with the excellent service coming in from the wing, he may prove to be a handful tommorow.
4) Any injury concerns ahead of the match?
Now we've signed Nickey Shorey at left back, the returning Chris Cohen (was suspended) shall push up and fill in until his return. No other major worrys to key players right now, as Tyson is back in contention after his injury.
5) Who is the one player you'd gladly drive to their next club?
I'm proud to say no-one I can think of right now, though Aaron Davies has just returned from a loan spell at Brighton and is a bit of his depth at this level. But he won't be getting anyhwere near the first team any time soon.
6) How do you rate Leicester's chances in the Championship this season?
They're strong, resilient and hard to beat just like us. They also possess one of the best managers in this division so will be there or there abouts come May.
7) Obviously Derby is the big derby for Forest fans, but does this game still take on any significant meaning to you personally?
Not usually to be honest, but this game is huge tommorow considering both of our league positions and will mean a lot if we do win tommorow's fixture.
8) The best team you've played so far this season?
Watford ripped us apart but we were shocking that night. Suprisingly the top two West Brom and Newcastle looked very average when they came to our place, but maybe it was a sign of how well we played in both games. Anyone can beat anyone, and there's been no particularly stand out side so far in my opinion in this league.
9) Tips for promotion?
Newcastle and Albion for automatic promotion, they just have more depth and quality. I fancy one of our teams in the play-offs actually, we're both very resilient and seem to have a lot of bottle with a winning mentality. A meeting between us both at Wembely would be a cracker.
10) Finally, a match prediction?
We have thrived in the big games so far this season (beating Newcastle and Derby), and though it will be close I think home advantage will see us through. 1-0 to the Reds, should be some atmosphere. I just hope for a good game. Let the best team win...
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.