Date:Wednesday May 6 2009
So, it's the end of the season once again, which means that players are coming up to the end of their contracts. With Leicester back in the Championship, who will Pearson decide to retain, if any at all?
1. Patrick Kisnorbo: The centre back was an ever present since joining in 2005 until an injury in Leicester's penultimate game of the 07/08 season saw him spend much of this season on the sidelines. Alongside Gareth McAuley, Kisnorbo was a huge factor behind Leicester's impressive defence, which was actually the second best in the Championship in 07/08 despite the club being relegated to League One.
Verdict: Despite still being well liked by many Leicester fans, he still looks set to leave. Despite returning to the first team twice this season (subsequently coinciding with Leicester's two main 'blips'), the centre back finds himself fifth choice these days behind Aleksander Tunchev, Jack Hobbs, Wayne Brown and Michael Morrison. Expect to see him move to a Championship club on a free transfer.
2. Barry Hayles: A hugely underwhelming signing from Ian Holloway last season, Hayles has scored just twice for the Foxes.
Verdict: A successful loan spell at Cheltenham Town this season could have spelled out Barrys next destination. Word is that he's already left the club and is looking to tie up a one-year deal with Martin Allen's recently relegated side.
3. Paul Henderson: The goalkeeper has been in and out of the side like a yo-yo since joining from Bradford in 2005. Despite predominantly acting as an understudy, Henderson found himself as first-choice on more than one occassion. Despite never rating him personally, many fans did and were disappointed when he became injured early this season.
Verdict: He's almost certainly returning back to Australia according to sources within the club. However, the goalkeeper has reportedly been unsuccessful in finding a club back home as of yet.
4. Chris Powell: Joined the Foxes in August 2008 on a free transfer and made 22 appearances last season, mostly as a bit-part player. The seasoned pro has been a huge fans favourite this season, and has certainly impressed manager Nigel Pearson in his time with the club.
Verdict: Powell is reportedly very close to signing as a player coach for the team. A wise decision for both player and club.
5. Marc Edworthy: Signed as a short-term measure by Pearson last August, Edworthy has filled in at right-back on numerous occassions this season whilst first choice full back Kerrea Gilbert was injured.
Verdict: It's tough to call this one. He'll never be a first choice right back for us that's for sure, but Pearson may decide to keep him on another short-term contract for backup. It's 50/50.
6. Bruno N'Gotty: With the exception of several youth players, Bruno N'Gotty is the final high profile Leicester player to be out of contract this summer. Signed on a free transfer in the summer of 2007 by Martin Allen, N'Gotty never found his way at the club. He was promptly loaned out to Hereford in November last year, and was subsequently injured whilst there.
Verdict: Leicester have been trying to shift N'Gotty from the wage bill for some time. After his injury Leicester have been paying his wages for nothing, and there's absolutely zero chance he'll stay (unless something drastic occurs). Don't expect to ever hear his name again around England.
So according to my calculations we should see Chris Powell remain at the club next season as a player-coach, with the possibility of Marc Edworthy joining him on another short-term contract.
Date:Wednesday May 6 2009
King Pens Four Year Deal (Wednesday October 29 2014)
Hamer Out Injured (Monday October 27 2014)
Pearson Moves To Wrexham On Loan (Monday October 27 2014)
Tough Afternoon For Pearson (Sunday October 26 2014)
Taylor-Fletcher Leaves On Loan (Sunday October 26 2014)
Stats: Swansea v Leicester (Saturday October 25 2014)
Pearson On Competition & Swansea Threat (Friday October 24 2014)
Pearson Looking Forward To Training (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Young Duo Leave On Loan (Monday October 20 2014)
Pearson - We Should've Taken A Point (Sunday October 19 2014)
|Crystal Palace||2||-||0||Leicester City|
|Leicester City||5||-||3||Man Utd|
|15. Aston Villa||9||3||1||5||-10||10|
|16. Crystal Palace||9||2||3||4||-3||9|
|17. Leicester City||9||2||3||4||-4||9|
|Name the Starting XI - QPR (h)
» Chelsea : 31/10/2014 06:25:00
|Swansea Hopeful Sigurdsson amp; Ki Will Return
» Swansea : 30/10/2014 20:52:00
|Swansea City Have Fernandez Red Card Rescinded
» Swansea : 30/10/2014 20:44:00
|Irvine Expecting Tough Leicester Encounter
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:12:00
|Varela Resumes Full Training
» WBA : 30/10/2014 17:07:00