Date:Monday March 2 2009
1) So, a quick summary of your season so far?
On the pitch, better than many expected. We all would have taken survival this year given the young squad. So to be in and around the play offs is fantastic. However, off the pitch troubles and the sale of our best players mean that we will decline from now until the end of the season.
2) Would it be wrong to assume Stockport have punched above their weight this season?
Before our current troubles, establishing the club as a League One club was a fairly realistic target. We are a mid table League One club in stature in my opinion.
3) I'm assuming everybody's delighted Jim Gannon's decided to stay with the club?
The vast majority of fans are chuffed to bits Jim stayed. We hear rumours though, that some of the Trust board consider his remuneration to be too great for the club to bare and may have wished he had left.
4) Which player should we be looking out for from your Stockport side tomorrow?
A few weeks ago I would have said Tommy Rowe but he has been off his game for a while.... which must mean he is due a return to form so Tommy Rowe!
5) And who should we be looking to exploit?
Michael Rose at Left Back does get caaught out at times. Great going forward and great as a dead ball specialist but if you play the ball behind him......
6) Which teams have impressed you most so far this season?
Leicester were solid and so too Leeds but for nice football Brighton amazingly!
7) Which player in League One has impressed you most so far this season?
Jermaine Beckford of Leeds.
8) As one of only four clubs owned by the fans, do you sometimes wish there was more financial input from elsewhere i.e. one wealthy businessman?
A difficult question. It is so nice to have a club owned by the fans. However this only works if those running the club are skilled enough to do the job. So right now, with the mess we are in, we need a fairy godmother!
9) What are your realistic hopes for the future?
To stabilise in League One over the next couple of years and to get our finances all sorted again under Trust ownership. Maybe that isn't such a realistic hope right now........
10) Finally, match prediction?
You are playing us at the right time. There is so much turmoil. Leicester to win 2-0
Big thanks to Ol' Pop Side for his responses.
Date:Monday March 2 2009
Pearson - Multiple Positives From Everton Win (Monday July 28 2014)
Leicester 1-0 Everton (Monday July 28 2014)
Everton Friendly Kicks Off Later (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Pearson Pleased With First Run Out (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Ilkeston 1-6 Leicester (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Leicester Seal Ulloa Deal (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Leicester Squad Numbers 2014-15 (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Pearson On Privileged Anniversary Trip (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Morgan & King Relishing Bangkok Trip (Monday July 21 2014)
Leicester To Set New Record With Ulloa (Friday July 18 2014)
|5. Crystal Palace||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|7. Hull City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|8. Leicester City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10. Man City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|11. Man Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Walk Away or Stay?
» West Ham : 29/07/2014 13:01:00
|What Price a Goal or Two?
» West Ham : 29/07/2014 13:00:00
|A Broken Team!
» Man Utd : 29/07/2014 12:57:00
|Moyes in West Ham Job Link!
» Man Utd : 29/07/2014 12:56:00
|Arsenal Midfielder Considered Quitting
» Arsenal : 29/07/2014 12:53:00