Date:Monday March 2 2009
1) So, a quick summary of your season so far?
On the pitch, better than many expected. We all would have taken survival this year given the young squad. So to be in and around the play offs is fantastic. However, off the pitch troubles and the sale of our best players mean that we will decline from now until the end of the season.
2) Would it be wrong to assume Stockport have punched above their weight this season?
Before our current troubles, establishing the club as a League One club was a fairly realistic target. We are a mid table League One club in stature in my opinion.
3) I'm assuming everybody's delighted Jim Gannon's decided to stay with the club?
The vast majority of fans are chuffed to bits Jim stayed. We hear rumours though, that some of the Trust board consider his remuneration to be too great for the club to bare and may have wished he had left.
4) Which player should we be looking out for from your Stockport side tomorrow?
A few weeks ago I would have said Tommy Rowe but he has been off his game for a while.... which must mean he is due a return to form so Tommy Rowe!
5) And who should we be looking to exploit?
Michael Rose at Left Back does get caaught out at times. Great going forward and great as a dead ball specialist but if you play the ball behind him......
6) Which teams have impressed you most so far this season?
Leicester were solid and so too Leeds but for nice football Brighton amazingly!
7) Which player in League One has impressed you most so far this season?
Jermaine Beckford of Leeds.
8) As one of only four clubs owned by the fans, do you sometimes wish there was more financial input from elsewhere i.e. one wealthy businessman?
A difficult question. It is so nice to have a club owned by the fans. However this only works if those running the club are skilled enough to do the job. So right now, with the mess we are in, we need a fairy godmother!
9) What are your realistic hopes for the future?
To stabilise in League One over the next couple of years and to get our finances all sorted again under Trust ownership. Maybe that isn't such a realistic hope right now........
10) Finally, match prediction?
You are playing us at the right time. There is so much turmoil. Leicester to win 2-0
Big thanks to Ol' Pop Side for his responses.
Date:Monday March 2 2009
Stats: Man City v Leicester (Wednesday March 4 2015)
Team Line-Ups - Manchester City v Leicester City (Wednesday March 4 2015)
Simpson - Leicester Have Turned A Corner (Wednesday March 4 2015)
Pearson - We Can Cause Manchester City Problems (Wednesday March 4 2015)
Moore To Come From Liam For Pearson (Tuesday March 3 2015)
Pearson Previews Manchester City (Tuesday March 3 2015)
Simpson On Manchester City (Tuesday March 3 2015)
Pearson On Schmeichel Progress (Tuesday March 3 2015)
Cambiasso - We'll Fight To The End (Sunday March 1 2015)
James Defiant On Leicester Survival (Friday February 27 2015)
|Man City||2||-||0||Leicester City|
|Leicester City||0||-||1||Crystal Palace|
|Man Utd||3||-||1||Leicester City|
|15. Hull City||28||6||9||13||-11||27|
|17. Aston Villa||28||6||7||15||-23||25|
|20. Leicester City||27||4||6||17||-20||18|
|Stoke ease past Everton
» Stoke : 04/03/2015 23:13:00
|Sanchez Stalls QPR Progress
» Q.P.R. : 04/03/2015 23:11:00
|Report - Spurs 3-2 Swansea City
» Swansea : 04/03/2015 22:52:01
» Stoke : 04/03/2015 22:44:01
» Everton : 04/03/2015 22:00:01