Date:Monday March 2 2009
1) So, a quick summary of your season so far?
On the pitch, better than many expected. We all would have taken survival this year given the young squad. So to be in and around the play offs is fantastic. However, off the pitch troubles and the sale of our best players mean that we will decline from now until the end of the season.
2) Would it be wrong to assume Stockport have punched above their weight this season?
Before our current troubles, establishing the club as a League One club was a fairly realistic target. We are a mid table League One club in stature in my opinion.
3) I'm assuming everybody's delighted Jim Gannon's decided to stay with the club?
The vast majority of fans are chuffed to bits Jim stayed. We hear rumours though, that some of the Trust board consider his remuneration to be too great for the club to bare and may have wished he had left.
4) Which player should we be looking out for from your Stockport side tomorrow?
A few weeks ago I would have said Tommy Rowe but he has been off his game for a while.... which must mean he is due a return to form so Tommy Rowe!
5) And who should we be looking to exploit?
Michael Rose at Left Back does get caaught out at times. Great going forward and great as a dead ball specialist but if you play the ball behind him......
6) Which teams have impressed you most so far this season?
Leicester were solid and so too Leeds but for nice football Brighton amazingly!
7) Which player in League One has impressed you most so far this season?
Jermaine Beckford of Leeds.
8) As one of only four clubs owned by the fans, do you sometimes wish there was more financial input from elsewhere i.e. one wealthy businessman?
A difficult question. It is so nice to have a club owned by the fans. However this only works if those running the club are skilled enough to do the job. So right now, with the mess we are in, we need a fairy godmother!
9) What are your realistic hopes for the future?
To stabilise in League One over the next couple of years and to get our finances all sorted again under Trust ownership. Maybe that isn't such a realistic hope right now........
10) Finally, match prediction?
You are playing us at the right time. There is so much turmoil. Leicester to win 2-0
Big thanks to Ol' Pop Side for his responses.
Date:Monday March 2 2009
Pearson Remains Positive Ahead Of United Clash (Thursday September 18 2014)
Hamer & Ulloa Talk Stoke (Monday September 15 2014)
Pearson Credits Willingness & Desire (Monday September 15 2014)
Stats: Stoke v Leicester (Saturday September 13 2014)
Pearson - Stoke Are An Example (Thursday September 11 2014)
Real test yet to come for Leicester City (Thursday September 4 2014)
Vardy Was A Welcome Return (Thursday September 4 2014)
Pearson Names Our 25 Foxes (Thursday September 4 2014)
Schlupp - We Have Confidence & Belief (Wednesday September 3 2014)
Cambiasso Makes Debut In Friendly (Wednesday September 3 2014)
|11. Man Utd||4||1||2||1||3||5|
|13. Leicester City||4||1||2||1||-1||5|
|Don`t You Provoke Me!
» Chelsea : 21/09/2014 10:58:00
|Newcastle Utd 2-2 Hull
» Hull City : 21/09/2014 10:51:00
|Match Day Moments - Manchester City (a)
» Chelsea : 21/09/2014 10:48:00
» West Ham : 21/09/2014 10:37:00
|Allardyce on Executing the Game-Plan!
» West Ham : 21/09/2014 10:28:00