Date:Monday March 2 2009
1) So, a quick summary of your season so far?
On the pitch, better than many expected. We all would have taken survival this year given the young squad. So to be in and around the play offs is fantastic. However, off the pitch troubles and the sale of our best players mean that we will decline from now until the end of the season.
2) Would it be wrong to assume Stockport have punched above their weight this season?
Before our current troubles, establishing the club as a League One club was a fairly realistic target. We are a mid table League One club in stature in my opinion.
3) I'm assuming everybody's delighted Jim Gannon's decided to stay with the club?
The vast majority of fans are chuffed to bits Jim stayed. We hear rumours though, that some of the Trust board consider his remuneration to be too great for the club to bare and may have wished he had left.
4) Which player should we be looking out for from your Stockport side tomorrow?
A few weeks ago I would have said Tommy Rowe but he has been off his game for a while.... which must mean he is due a return to form so Tommy Rowe!
5) And who should we be looking to exploit?
Michael Rose at Left Back does get caaught out at times. Great going forward and great as a dead ball specialist but if you play the ball behind him......
6) Which teams have impressed you most so far this season?
Leicester were solid and so too Leeds but for nice football Brighton amazingly!
7) Which player in League One has impressed you most so far this season?
Jermaine Beckford of Leeds.
8) As one of only four clubs owned by the fans, do you sometimes wish there was more financial input from elsewhere i.e. one wealthy businessman?
A difficult question. It is so nice to have a club owned by the fans. However this only works if those running the club are skilled enough to do the job. So right now, with the mess we are in, we need a fairy godmother!
9) What are your realistic hopes for the future?
To stabilise in League One over the next couple of years and to get our finances all sorted again under Trust ownership. Maybe that isn't such a realistic hope right now........
10) Finally, match prediction?
You are playing us at the right time. There is so much turmoil. Leicester to win 2-0
Big thanks to Ol' Pop Side for his responses.
Date:Monday March 2 2009
Infographic - Leicester.... The Great Escape! (Tuesday May 5 2015)
Two In BBC Team Of The Week (Monday May 4 2015)
Ulloa On Newcastle Brace (Monday May 4 2015)
Pearson On Another Step (Monday May 4 2015)
Stats: Leicester v Newcastle United (Saturday May 2 2015)
Leicester City v Newcastle - Team Line-Ups (Saturday May 2 2015)
The Leicester City Injury Table Situation (Friday May 1 2015)
Pearson v The Press Continues (Thursday April 30 2015)
Pre Newcastle Injury Update (Thursday April 30 2015)
Albrighton - We'll Keep Our Confidence (Thursday April 30 2015)
|Leicester City||2||-||1||West Ham|
|14. Aston Villa||35||9||8||18||-21||35|
|16. Leicester City||35||9||7||19||-15||34|
|17. Hull City||35||8||10||17||-15||34|
|Oscar to Sit Out Copa America!
» Chelsea : 05/05/2015 17:10:00
» Spurs : 05/05/2015 17:05:01
|Mourinho to get Contract Extension
» Chelsea : 05/05/2015 17:05:00
|'Keeper Claims Made
» Crystal Palace : 05/05/2015 17:04:00
|Pardew Reunion With Reo-Coker?
» Crystal Palace : 05/05/2015 16:52:01