Date:Monday March 2 2009
1) So, a quick summary of your season so far?
On the pitch, better than many expected. We all would have taken survival this year given the young squad. So to be in and around the play offs is fantastic. However, off the pitch troubles and the sale of our best players mean that we will decline from now until the end of the season.
2) Would it be wrong to assume Stockport have punched above their weight this season?
Before our current troubles, establishing the club as a League One club was a fairly realistic target. We are a mid table League One club in stature in my opinion.
3) I'm assuming everybody's delighted Jim Gannon's decided to stay with the club?
The vast majority of fans are chuffed to bits Jim stayed. We hear rumours though, that some of the Trust board consider his remuneration to be too great for the club to bare and may have wished he had left.
4) Which player should we be looking out for from your Stockport side tomorrow?
A few weeks ago I would have said Tommy Rowe but he has been off his game for a while.... which must mean he is due a return to form so Tommy Rowe!
5) And who should we be looking to exploit?
Michael Rose at Left Back does get caaught out at times. Great going forward and great as a dead ball specialist but if you play the ball behind him......
6) Which teams have impressed you most so far this season?
Leicester were solid and so too Leeds but for nice football Brighton amazingly!
7) Which player in League One has impressed you most so far this season?
Jermaine Beckford of Leeds.
8) As one of only four clubs owned by the fans, do you sometimes wish there was more financial input from elsewhere i.e. one wealthy businessman?
A difficult question. It is so nice to have a club owned by the fans. However this only works if those running the club are skilled enough to do the job. So right now, with the mess we are in, we need a fairy godmother!
9) What are your realistic hopes for the future?
To stabilise in League One over the next couple of years and to get our finances all sorted again under Trust ownership. Maybe that isn't such a realistic hope right now........
10) Finally, match prediction?
You are playing us at the right time. There is so much turmoil. Leicester to win 2-0
Big thanks to Ol' Pop Side for his responses.
Date:Monday March 2 2009
Leicester - FSF's May Newsletter (Friday May 29 2015)
Phillips Delighted With Vardy's England Call (Friday May 29 2015)
Duo Get Welsh Call Up (Wednesday May 27 2015)
Ulloa - 2015-16 Preparations Begin Now (Wednesday May 27 2015)
Kramaric Gets Croatia Call (Tuesday May 26 2015)
Albrighton & Drinkwater Talk QPR (Tuesday May 26 2015)
Leicester Know 2015-16 Opponents (Tuesday May 26 2015)
Pearson Confirms Cambiasso Talks (Monday May 25 2015)
Pearson - Fantastic Finale, Now Aim Higher (Monday May 25 2015)
Audio - Pearson Confirms Cambiasso Talks (Sunday May 24 2015)
|12. West Ham||38||12||11||15||-3||47|
|14. Leicester City||38||11||8||19||-9||41|
|17. Aston Villa||38||10||8||20||-26||38|
|Consequences of schism
» Chelsea : 29/05/2015 20:44:01
|Diego Costa in Another Injury Scare!
» Chelsea : 29/05/2015 18:57:01
|Atsu Joins Bournemouth
» Chelsea : 29/05/2015 18:49:01
|Hendon Pens Two-Year Orient Deal
» West Ham : 29/05/2015 18:40:01
|United Swooping for French Teenager
» Man Utd : 29/05/2015 18:32:00